15mm plug cutter

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:28:50 -0500

Thanks Dale,
=20
I think I will use my 1/2 tenon/plug cutter. It's good quality and does
a good job. I had forgotten about Webb Phillip's wood restorer that I
will use as a glue and filler. It should be OK for lead removing.
=20
I was finally able to find a 15mm good tenon/plug cutter on the net for
about 79 Euros + shipping and duty... :-(
=20
Marcel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] De la
part de Erwinspiano@aol.com
Envoy=E9 : 18 f=E9vrier 2006 10:51
=C0 : pianotech@ptg.org
Objet : Re: 15mm plug cutter

  Hi Marcel
  It was good to meet you at the convention. =20
   We use a  tenon cutting bit run really slow to keep it cool to cut
1/2 sugar pine or pin block plugs.  I know it is slightly smaller than
the=20
15 mm you are searching for. How about looking at Woodworkers supply of
New Mexico, Highland Hardware, Rockler or...Trendlines.   All Magazines
with web sites.  Just a thought.
  Cheers
    Dale Erwin

Hi,

I'm trying to get a 15mm plug cutter to fill in keys after lead removal.
I searched and looked at canadian woodworking suppliers and couldn't
find any. Is there anyone out there who could direct me to a supplier?

Thanks,

Marcel

Marcel Carey=20
2852 Dussault
Rock Forest  QC
J1N 2V6
(819) 564-0447=20
mcpiano@videotron.ca

=20
=20
Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Calif 95357
Shop 209-5778397
cell 209-985-0990
WWW. Erwinspiano.com
Specializing in the restoration, service & Sales of
Steinway, Mason & Hamlin, & other fine pianos