tips

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:49:02 -0600

At 13:20 2/18/2006, you wrote:
>Marshall,
>
>Changing the knuckle and all is by far easier, than trying to get
>the tip off.   To get the tip off you have to have the right tip tool.
>
>If you have a Schaff extendable hammer you can not do any better,
>unless you are competing for the strangest or most elaborate
>tool.   That hammer is what 90 percent of the tuners use and there
>is a reason: because it is the best.
>
>William Benjamin

>>If you have a Schaff extendable hammer you can not do any better,
>>unless you are competing for the strangest or most elaborate tool.
>
>HAH!
>I'm sorry, and I beg to differ. A LOT.
>
>Respectfully,
>Guy Nichols, RPT

I agree and disagree with you both, A LOT!

I have used a Schaff extension  w/rosewood handle for almost 30
years.  I works for me. It works for William. I have no need or
desire to purchase another.

I have tried others. They didn't work for my physique or technique.

Guy has much larger hands than I do. I can see where the size and
shape of the Schaff could be uncomfortable.

If whatever shape works for you, then _that_ is the best in the world.

You're both right/wrong...

One size does NOT fit all.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.