Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:26:22 -0600

What strikes me about this bringing back the A and reintroducing the O =
is that apparently the last capable scale designer died in 1930.  While =
the S came out after his death, it was patterned after the O/L as we =
know.  I guess you just had to be born in an odd-numbered century to be =
a good piano designer.  Maybe someone born in the 21st century will =
design a good piano if pianos are still around when he/she is old enough =
to design one.
=20
dp
=20