Of brackets, Bordeaux, bikes, and bad kitties...

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:39:35 -0600

Dave,

Yup, whenever there is an animal (or small child) in the house, my tool =
kit is closed while I work.  Fortunately, I haven't experienced exactly =
what you did, but early on in my career, my mentor had the same thing =
happen. =20

Ah, the things we learn.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:52 AM
  Subject: Of brackets, Bordeaux, bikes, and bad kitties...

  Speaking of YC....

  I booked five hours today for replacing a set of Young Chang action =
brackets and regulating the action. After replacing the outside =
brackets, I discovered that the inside ones were the wrong size!   Well, =
that took care of the days income.

  AT least that gave me plenty of time to watch the end of the Tour of =
California, Stage 2 bike race that finished about 2 blocks from my =
aborted job...

  After the race ended, I headed 3 blocks east to a friend's house to =
tune her Acrosonic and sample some 20 year old Bordeaux. Halfway through =
the treble, I heard her say, "Todd, NO!," Todd being the cat. I looked =
down and saw that the side of my toolkit that holds pliers and stringing =
tools had been unceremoniously filled up with an odiferous yellow fluid =
from Todd.

  Some days one should just stay in bed.

  Dave Stahl

  Dave Stahl Piano Service