Steinway NY Re-Introduces the O (to replace the L)

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:00:13 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2006 5:25:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rnossaman@cox.net writes:

> I thought the 'L' replaced the old 'O'. Why are they now bringing back
> the 'O'? Just curious. Also, why are they bringing back the 'A'? It's
> hard to believe that Steinway is admitting they made a mistake!!! :-)
>
> Avery Todd

No Avery, they wouldn't admit a mistake even if they should
ever make one some day. They need a new model to boost sales,
and where else would they get one than their already perfected
discontinued classics?
Ron N
These are my thoughts on the subject. A couple to a few decades ago the
Hamburg built S&S pianos were available here in the states. (I know a Philly music
critic who bought one)

I was told that demand here was quite strong at the time and this was a move
to meet demand. Making a model that is already accepted elsewhere in the world
would make shipping US stock there less cumbersome. Steinway admits that
their domestic Steinway sales are down, but there is stronger demand abroad.

My analysis is worth what you are paying for it,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Philadelphia, Pa.
(215) 991-0834