Anything wrong with finishing keysticks?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:45:10 -0800 (PST)

Just one coat of lacquer, generally, though I used
ivory colored epoxy spray on the keys that went to
that church. A couple of coats, with a light sanding
between them, to knock off "whiskers", on the part
that would be slightly visible during playing. Old
bushing cauls kept paint out of the mortices, and I
did all surfaces, for stability.
    It looked fine ( very unobtrusive ) and created an
easily cleanable surface.
    Thump