Working while tuning

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:28:09 -0500

Mark,
         I would, if I were in your shoes, ask myself the question in
reverse, i.e. how would I feel if the guy I trusted my ________ to worked
at this craft part time. Many would not have a problem, especially if the
price were less expensive than others in town. Some would. It took me a
while before stepping out into full time. I expect I'm not alone. You have
to start somewhere. Unless you have a hefty bank roll to keep you going
through the first years you will likely need to build a clientele before
striking out on your own. That's not so bad really as it gives you time to
sort out other growing pains like taxes, letterhead, billings, etc. to name
a few. As to whether or not the client will be dedicated ... who knows.
Always do your very best and they will beat a path to your door. Bad news
travels with lightning speed but good news about your work will travels
quite slowly. Once you get up a head of steam, however, there's no stopping
you. You can only stop yourself by getting sloppy. Good luck to you!

best,
Greg