removing a grand action

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:15:19 -0500

I bought a little 2x4 folding banquet table at Sam's for grand actions.
It works great

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of pianotune05
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:14 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: removing a grand action

Hi everyone,
My wife used to clean for a woman who eventually wants me to tune her
baby
grand Kanabe piano.  When they take lessons, she wants it tuned.  I need
call and follow up on this when my new lever arrives.  Anyway, she wants
me
to clean out the case.  I'll have to remove the action, but she doesn't
have
a bench to place the action on while I have it out.  Where should I
place
the action.  It has to be a safe place. I don't want her toddler walking
on
it if I have it on the floor, or put it on her dining room table and
scratching it.  Any ideas?
Marshall
ps. do the piano suply houses carry  action cradles for grand actions?
Marshall