Stubbornness? Was Re: Adhesive for Ivories

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:20:25 -0500

We can touch Reblitz, but don't mess with Randy Potter, or both Joe's =
might get after us and seal our mouths with contact cement, pvc glue  :)
Marshall
ps. I just had to get that on in everyone. :) I'm pretty whitty for this =
late at night . night all.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Barnard=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:41 PM
  Subject: Stubbornness? Was Re: Adhesive for Ivories

  I won't debate Reblitz. He's just flat wrong, that's all.=20

  This isn't to say I don't respect the man or his book. But there are =
better materials and techniques. Some of the stuff in his book is a =
little dated--believe it or not there IS scientific progress in the =
treatment of these beasts that haven't changed all that much in a =
hundred years.

  For all who want to argue, I say: "Don't be stubborn. Get some PVC-E. =
Use this inexpensive, easy, safe, non-smelly, forgiving stuff on your =
ivories, your plastic, and your felt. Then, with experience, if you =
choose to use contact cement (shudder), CA, boiled cow's feet, Gorilla =
Glue, or chewing gum, I have no problem ... do your thing."

  This isn't meant to sound as high-horse as it probably does ... don't =
nobody take no offense nohow, please, not even Mr. Reblitz. (But he IS =
wrong.) <G>

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, Missouri

    ----- Original Message -----=20