Flooded Bass String Question

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:58:59 -0500

Joe wrote:
This happened about 25 years ago. I never felt comfortable about selling
the piano, so I gave it to my Daughter, just in case it decided to
self-destruct. It hasn't! I tune it and it's JUST FINE. No evidence of
any structural damage what-so-ever! Them Yamamas is tough, in that
regard.

At least the 30 year old P2s were tough. I dare say if that happened to
a modern P22 w/fiberboard cabinet it would be a different story. I've
seen knee panel destroyed from overzealous DampChaser watering.

Certainty (if there is such a thing in this life) is what must be sold
to the customer. The customer has one chance of getting money from the
insurance company to fix the piano right, they can't go back 15 years
from now and dip again. That is how I approach these situations.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802