felt mutes -- was RE: Working while tuning

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 06:34:37 -0600

David,

=20

Yeah, it was in an upright. Been a long time ago.

=20

Have you tried using a strip of action cloth in the treble of verticals?
(About 0.090 thick, I think, and cut down the middle.)  Pulling the =
strip
out bit by bit surely beats moving mutes around, especially when you get
toward the end of the treble where you run out of room for the wire =
handles.
You also don=92t have to finagle around the dampers. I save some time =
that
way, as it takes me 1 =96 1 =BD minutes to strip the entire piano. I =
know I
spend more than that moving mutes. But it=92s whatever works best for =
you.

=20

John

  _____ =20