electronic pitch source

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 03:03:43 +0100

/Ric-
The Seiko is fine for calibrating electronic devices, but not aural
tuning.  It has an extremely loud second partial and a very soft first
partial./

-------------------

I'm not quite sure I see the problem with that. If you can test beat
rates between a reliable pitch source and the note to be tuned with a
test interval (or two)... you should be able to get near beatless with
the pitch source. That said... as I also said... seems like the
Sanderson tool is the thing to get... if a bit more pricey.

Cheers
RicB

The Sanderson tool gives four pitches, so it's not much more expensive
than four top quality forks, not to mention the 50cents sliding scale.
I want one, too.

Ed Sutton