NO NO NO was Re: electronic pitch source

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:42:35

Hi Ric,

Yes you may have--but only because you failed to make the beat rate between
f3 and a4 (actually a5) identical. If you had then A4 would have been flat.
It might still be within the "tolerance" range on the exam however.

Or else your carefully "calibrated" fork was sharp (cooling as you struck it?)

At 02:16 PM 1/8/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Alan
>
>I used F3 all the time back when I used a fork. Had a standard cheapo
>fork calibrated to my body temp.  I used F3 on the test when I took it
>in Arlington and had no problems.  Hit A440 on the button.
>
>Cheers
>RicB

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/