Interesting Encyclopaedia article from 1911

Geoff Sykes thetuner@ivories52.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:23:16 -0800

Greetings all --
=20
I offer a gift.=20
=20
Talk of piano design (and) history as well as pitch frequent this group. =
My
mom has a copy of the 11th edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica =
published
in 1911. In volume XXI are two articles of interest. PIANOFORTE and =
MUSICAL
PITCH. The former runs 16 pages and the latter runs 4. I have carefully
scanned each and made the two of them available as a single downloadable
.pdf file, (Acrobat Reader), on the Los Angeles Chapter website. While =
the
edition long ago went into the public domain I nevertheless obtained
permission from Encyclopedia Britannica to scan and share these =
articles, so
no obligation. They're free for the taking. I hope they stir up some
conversation.
=20
To download this file visit: http://www.la-ptg.org/additionalResources/
=20
And while you are there, click on the Double Feature link in the upper =
right
and visit our conference web site. If you haven't yet registered to =
attend
remember that the early registration prices end this Sunday, January =
15th.
And as long as you are visiting the Double Feature website, you are
encouraged to play Richard Davenport's Tic-Tac-Tooner quiz. We're =
offering
fun even before the conference starts.
=20
Looking forward to meeting many of you in February.
=20
-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles