F3/A4 as pitch test

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:22:57 -0500

On Jan 9, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Jon Page wrote:
> I don't comprehend the devotion to an A fork when a C fork
> works just as well, actually easier in my understanding.

A temperament starting with a reference A won't deliver a reference
C. And it's the A which the oboist and the stage manager (and the
CTEs) want. Just another nit in this business.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A man who tells the truth is bound to be found out sooner or later."
     ...........Uncle Harry in "The Tailor of Panama"