What do you play after you've tuned the piano?

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:33:00 -0500

    Depends on the customer.  If I see a lot of complicated music around, I
ask them to try it out as I am a mediocre ear player.  If there are kids
about, I'll play some Disney tunes and ask them to "Name That Tune."  If the
customer asks, or I'm alone, I'll play Misty, I've Got Rhythm, a show tune
or whatever.  For non-players, its probably a good idea to work up a tune or
two so us techs can evaluate the piano's tone and touch overall.
    Mike Kurta