Last Minute Cancellations?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:05:29 -0800

I'm pondering going from my ancient Palm V to a Pocket PC device.   I'd=
 like to have a color display for easier reading (I know new Palms have=
 color).   Would any of you using Pocket PCs and Palms give me some fee=
dback?   The Pocket PC enables me to buy Cybertuner or TuneLab in the f=
uture when I'm so feeble I can't lift my SAT III...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Last Minute Cancellations?

In a message dated 1/13/2006 3:31:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, rnossa=
man@cox.net writes:

> 7 AM?  Jeezzz...that would be a little irritating.
>
> Dave Stahl

Why? You'd already be up, if not conscious, getting ready for the
day's tuning. I'd much prefer being called at 7:00, or even 6:00,
than to drive way too far for three scheduled tunings (because she
WAS a regular customer), to be told when I arrived that one of them
had canceled, and would contact me later. I explained that three
didn't really pay for the trip, but I now have two, and a lone
tuning waiting out here forever for my next trip - should I ever
make it. If she had called me that morning, I would have spent the
day in the shop doing some good, and made the trip when it generated
enough income to be worth it. None of these people, of course, have
the dimmest concept that someone arbitrarily wasting our time costs
us income - even after spending the time and gas to GET there.

Ron N
Ron,

Good points...certainly better to be called than not.  The last minute =
cancellation is way better than a no-show.  At least you're home.

The good thing about my pocket PC and cell phone is that whenever I get=
 a no-show, I can catch up on appointment phone calls.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
http://dstahlpiano.net/