Tuning Standard

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick@pianospianissimo.com
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:23:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,

Yep, that is certainly another reason. However, access to strings... i
dont know about Brazil, but in Spain, you'll be surprised that most techs
(even the really dodgy ones!) will have some wire (probably just a few
sizes). Knowing how to replace the string wire properly... thats another
matter! you'll laugh or cry if you see the bodges we get to see over
here...for instance: a treble string replaced by some "tuner", actually
came out of the pin (didnt break, it actually "escaped" from the wrestpin)
while the pianist was trying the piano out before the concert... so you
get the idea

Patrick

 Or they are afraid of string breakage, because they don't have easy