Sound/Vapor barrier for ceilings

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:21:19

Hi David,

Start by sealing *all* holes through the ceiling. A one square inch hole
transmits as much sound as 24 square FEET of gyprock.

If your furnace is in the basement and has duct work to the main floor and
2nd floor--there will be lots and lots of sound transmission no matter what
you do to the ceiling.