An open letter to Marshall

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:42:22 -0500

Let's talk piano tuning shall we?  I'm enjoying the posts so far about =
sound boards etc.  If anyone wishes to address personality types of =
things or suspected ones in this case since we haven't actually met in =
person to exchange conversation, let's do this over a private e-mail, or =
call if you feel the need.  I'm anxious to learn more on here about =
pianos, piano tuning.  Thanks everyone.
Marshall
574-360-6783
pianotune05@comcast.net=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Aart in America Piano Services=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:51 PM
  Subject: Re: An open letter to Marshall

  Hello Marshall.

  I was a Back Line Tech in the Music Industry for 15 years. I worked =
for several Musical Instrument Rental Companies in New York City and =
Toured with national acts. I kept my mouth shut, was humble, and learned =
all that I could about musical instruments and the music business.

  I then went to work for a Musical Instrument Manufacturer who then =
laid off the entire department, (with some severance pay Thankfully). I =
then took that pay and did what I wanted to do since high school and =
went to school to become a Piano Technician. After thousands of dollars =
on tuition, tools and a rental space to call home. I opened my business =
Aart in America Piano Services.
  I then ran ads in local papers and built a client base on hard work, =
Customer Service and PRIDE in MY Community! I didn't ask ANYONE for help =
or a Handout. I just started working and kept my questions to the List, =
my Chapter President, and my Mentor to a minimum. I did more listening =
than talking out of respect for future colleagues with years of =
knowledge and experience.

  All this while my wife was having neurosurgery to remove a brain tumor =
and I also have a medical challenge which I will not bore the good folks =
on this list with.

  My point is: Stop Whining and get to work or don't! Shakespeare said =
it best " It is better to remain silent and appear a fool then to speak =
and remove all doubt"

  Is this point clear enough for you?

  Aart Markenstein

  Hoboken NJ