Grand High Treble Sitting Position, was: Tuning Hammer

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:14:21 -0700

Hi John,
One can tune cross handed with the lever at 6 o'clock with a 20% head.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Formsma=20
  To: 'Pianotech List'=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:21 PM
  Subject: RE: Grand High Treble Sitting Position, was: Tuning Hammer

  I usually stand for the treble and lean over somewhat. Sitting on the =
side is a good idea if there's room.

  =20

  You could tune left handed - I have to do that with a Yamaha C7 100 =
year anniversary piano. (The very modern looking one with the computer =
and plexiglass lids.) There is not enough clearance to tune right handed =
because of the lid that covers the pinblock area. I probably should =
start tuning at least the treble sections left handed, but it's easier =
to keep doing it with the right.

  =20

  John Formsma

  =20