Bass String Installation

John Dorr a440@bresnan.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:42:55 -0700

Esteemed list,

I've got a new set of bass strings (and pins) to install.  My plan was to
install them one or two at a time so the changes in pressure on the plate
would be minimized, and I'd planned to do it this weekend.  However, the pins
shipment was waylaid, and they may not arrive in time for the weekend.

Is there any harm in destringing the entire bass section and doing cleanup
while waiting for the arrival of the pins?  It's a 1921 6'1" Baldwin Grand.

Thanks,
John Dorr
Helena, MT