Bass String Installation

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:18:00 -0600

At 08:57 AM 1/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>It's done that way all the time with nothing scary happening.
>
>Terry Farrell

Terry, et al, be right, but there are other considerations.
- Time. Frustration. Bloodletting.

For some unknown reason, I once did a bass restringing in that piecemeal
fashion. It takes longer because you are always working around the
strings/pins on both sides which are still in place.  If you are going
right up/down the line, you have no problem getting tools and fingers in
there for driving pins, coil tightening, etc. or spinning the pin for/if
you are twisting the strings. (i.e. if they require twisting)

my 2½¢

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.