... WAY out of line

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:52:39 +0100

Dean and list.

First let me apologize to any of you who felt my response was
inappropriate. Second let me just say that my response was prompted by
what I viewed and view as a rather serious misuse of the trust we place
in each other when we write anything on this list.  Especially
considering that amoung other things,  the letter written to Bluthner
was a misrepresentation (and seemingly purposefully) of what had been
written here on this list.

Mark Wisner warns of the public domain aspect of this list. Granted and
already known.  I post no information willfully here I am afraid of
others getting ahold of. And this was no exception. Bluthner was already
informed of the instrument over a year ago. But when a fellow PTG member
responds one time to a thread, engages in no clarifying discourse but
without further ado proceeds to delivers a falsification of the truth
behind ones back to a third party who may also be interested in the
subject, then its time to call foul... loud and clear.  Especially given
the nature of this particular subject matter. This is not the spirit in
which the PTG is meant to function and not the meant spirit of this list.

Jurgens action has in the end served only one purpose.  To underline if
not to say to stress the warning that lies within Mark Wisners words...
that we must not trust to each other to refrain from such action, not
even fellow PTG members.  As such it only inhibits further discussion
about such issues as they come up. Thats a sad statement. This was why I
reacted. Not because of any thing I should wish to hide.  If some feels
it was inappropriate of me to voice this, that is their right. A right I
respect. I felt however that you all should know.

Thats the last I have to say on the matter. The rest lies within the
hand of the PTG members rights committee, which is the appropriate place
for these issues to be further dealt with.

I would appreciate it if we could all just leave it there.

Cheers
RicB

--------------------------
James wrote:

What we don't know (yet) is what personal interest of his
would prompt such egregious behavior.

---------
Dean replies
Of course we know what it is: he is passionate about preserving this
historic instrument. He even said so. Such passion drives people to do
outrageous things like laying down in front of a crane with a wrecking
ball.  I'm not trying to excuse what he did, but please, let's not start
imputing sinister motives.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272