wurlitzer(chinese) grand

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:27:43 +0000

Andrew, I know what you mean. I have another client with same piano and the flanges (about 15 or more) totally seized , after about two years and almost right after installing a DC. This woman is a piano teacher.

The other piano I asked about seems to not have the flange problem this one has.
Thanks,
RU/UP

-------------- Original message from Andrew and Rebeca Anderson <anrebe@sbcglobal.net>: --------------

Richard,
I've had a Samick Wurly, and for Samicks the problem is the pinning of the under-lever flanges.  Some of the wires needed improved bending to line up with the upper 'tray' .  Lubing with CLP was not adequate.  I did some reaming and some heating up with a soldering iron.  Both worked equally well for the period of time I owned it.  BTW the seizing up of the centers increased with usage.  Brand-new, there was no problem.
The sostenuto system needed adjusting too, the tests mentioned are excellent.

Good luck,
Andrew Anderson