permanent dolly for U1

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:34:24 -0600

Bill,

I have never tipped the piano, but it makes me hold my breath thinking
about
tipping the piano down with the dollie on the piano.

Sorry I will be out of town next week, otherwise you know I would help
you :-)
I lifted one end while someone slid the one side of the truck under the
piano.
Then did the other end.  They have two holes for bolts in the back that
can
be lag bolted to the rim.  Attach them as close to the ends as possible

Front side has space to fit a 2 x 4.  Take a small saw and trim it to
fit.
This should hold the trucks in place.  Lag bolt the front.
I didn't put any screws on the underside as I thought the screws
  might work their way out and catch on a threshold etc.

Surprisingly easy.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI