prospecting for customers from an old pro

ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:05:06 -0500

MARSHALL

I HAVE A GREAT SHOCK FOR MANY. AS MUCH AS WE DON/T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. PIANO TUNING ALTHOUGH BEING AN ART IS IN MANY RESPECTS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER SALES BUSINESS. The first thing we have to realize is that people buy productsFROM PEOPLE THEY LIKE and the first thing the average pianist wants is a Tuner he likes regardless of what he says. I don't care if you like it--BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. You can be the greatest tuner in the country and if you fail as a "people person" you better get a job at McDonalds.Most people have no idea if there piano is in tune.it's is your honesty and personality that will bring you back. If you don't like dogs, you better learn to love them. LOVE ME,LOVE MY DOG.

My attitude is never charge less than my competitor and YES, I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT YOU ARE MY COMPETITION. If I find anyone charging the same as me  my  price always goes up $5.00 higher. Don't ever cut your price Marshall just charge more and give more. You confidence will fall in direct proportion to your falling price.

When you come upon that church that has had the same tuner for years, Thank them and tell them "if they ever have need for another tuner please keep you in mind." Don't be surprised if they call you next week.

LOOK OUT WORLD - HERE COMES MARSHALL

Ron May