GAINING CONFIDENCE FOR MARSHAL

ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 9:34:12 -0500

Hi Marshall and All

What you might want to try now on those churches is a follow up phone call.  Now that you have left your card it isn't a cold phone call.  Call the church secretary and say "I stopped by your church the other day and found the doors locked.  I left my card in the door and I just wanted to make sure you or whoever is in charge of the music department received it.  I would like to take care of your pianos."

When you finally get through the door of a church, and you will, you start working on "centers of influence". The whole church becomes your prospects. Meet the music director and he/she will introduce you to choir members the most of which will have pianos. In their somewhere you will find a piano teacher.  A few churches will just about put you in business. If you go to church, that is a great place to start.

I tune for several large churches, One of which is one I mentioned in the A440vsA442 post. We have one music director with a PHD in pipe organ performance and another  assistant that has his Masters in piano performance.  In the concert programes on the same page as the write up of the artist you will see my advertisment as being the concert tuner. They also have an academy of music where piano is taught.  If you call this church, you will be referred to me.

We old timers need you Marshall. We need you to kind of twick that "excitement about your business button" that many have lost. Many have forgotten jus how exciting and what a terrific business we are in. I am going on 69 and still get excited about getting up and getting to that first piano and that first customer.  I don't work as hard as I used to but I do at least 3 a day. I retired when I quit working on Saturday.

You will get their Marshall and I am having a ball watching you. I hope some other old timers are also.

Ron May, RPT