Mass Loading Bridges

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:42:57 -0600

I'm finally getting around to working on the piano which had a boomy
crossover from the long bridge to the bass bridge.  I'm envisioning
getting some rolled brass stock and cutting off pieces for
this.  I've cut aluminum with a carbide blade, I think brass might be
a little harder.  How difficult is this to do?  I'd drill a screw
hole in the center and temporarily set under the bridge until I get
the impedance I want.

How do you pro's do this?  Where do you source your material and what
is your favorite means of machining it?

Andrew Anderson