"key bounce"

Mike McCoy mjmccoy at usa.com
Thu Jun 1 09:57:21 MDT 2006

I just had the same issue with a 1930's Baldwin grand. The keys bounce
after you let go and you can feel it in your fingers when playing.
Nothing worked, including backrail cloth and it did have a ton of lead
in the keys. Someone in my Chapter  suggested the wip cushions may be
too hard, and they were. I turned the stack over and steamed them and it
removed the dimples and softened them up. It did help noticeably but the
problem is still there.

Mike

Mike McCoy