Pinblock dilemma for a first timer.

Hotwheelsp at aol.com Hotwheelsp at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 21:39:47 MDT 2006

I have begun rebuilding my first piano. It is an upright player. Upon
removing the plate from the piano, the pinblock and soundboard fell out. (Almost
all the glue joints on the piano have come loose, so this is not that
surprising) Anyway, the old pinblock measures 1 3/4 inch thick. After going  through
the supply house catalogs (Schaff and Pianotek)  the thickest new pinblock
obtainable was 1 1/2 inch. What should  I do to obtain the original thickness? Any
suggestions would be greatly  appreciated as I lack experience in this regard.

Phillip Pardue
_Hotwheelsp at aol.com_ (mailto:Hotwheelsp at aol.com)

P.S. What glue is recommended for regluing the upright frame? I was  thinking
epoxy.