Pinblock dilemma for a first timer.

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 2 16:13:54 MDT 2006

Just a thought.
If the pinblock just came off because of a bad glue joint.
Possibly, it could just be glued and bolted back, and oversized pins
used.
Is the piano worth a new pinblock?
Is it a grand or upright?
Is it for resale, or just for personal use?
Being a beginner, how secure do you feel in your expertise.
Do you an air supply for cooling your drill bit. You must be able to
drill with consistency.
There is a lot to consider, before you start.
You did the correct thing by contacting this list, there is a wealth of
experience here, and it is freely shared.
Good luck.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca