Wire Size

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Jun 3 15:02:00 MDT 2006

I just had to rib you a bit.  When I started working at SMU 20 years ago
my predecessor had put universals on a lot of the pianos (I even saw a
piano for an outside client where he had restrung the whole bass section
with universals!!)  One of the first things I did was to replace all
those universal strings with appropriate ones.  Seriously, I can see
their use in situations as you describe below, but I really don't like
them.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu