Business Insurance

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 4 16:16:05 MDT 2006

Julia,
I carry the insurance offered to technicians from Safeco.  In today's
litigious world you have to decide how much risk you want to carry
yourself.  If you do any piano moving you should have some.  Arguably
doing an over-pull pitch correction on some pianos carries a risk of
plate failure (not any American makes that I'm aware of).  So far
I've not heard of anyone getting stuck replacing the plate in some of
those more risky foreign pianos.  Someone was sued but the suit was
dropped after a piano engineer said he couldn't understand why they
didn't break in the factory and a factory tech said, well they do sometimes.

May luck be with you!
Andrew