Camera (was Re: Key Cleaner - Windex Wipes?)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Jun 5 04:48:45 MDT 2006

At 05:50 PM 6/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Close-up - like this? This is a picture of a center pin from a Samick
>product that had black gook in the bushings - caused all sorts of slow
>action center problems.
>
>This picture was taken with my Nikon CoolPix 4300
><http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/CP4300/C43A.HTM>http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/CP4300/C43A.HTM
>One of the reasons I bought this model was because it will focus down to
>1.6 inches from the subject. I think this model has been out for at least
>three years now. No doubt there are others available that have similar
>close-up focus abilities. I have been very happy with the camera. It's all
>I'll need for a very long time.
>
>Terry Farrell

I just got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5 6Mp which will be great for my
upcoming trip (the 2G SD disc will hold about 650 pictures), but my old
(5yrs) Sony Mavica FD73 (1Mp/1.44M 3.5" floppy) is better for closeups. I
don't have to downsize it for emailing. i.e. direct from camera to you. ;-}

This picture was taken with rim of lens actually touching the bench, making
the lens about 10mm away. The hardest part is getting light to the subject...