Scaling

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 09:25:05 MDT 2006

Avery
  This looks like a metric scale & if strung with american wire  will result
in very high tension especially in the top end...snap.  also it  will
dramtically change the sonority of the Kawai/ Yamah sound.   AMHIK.  It would be
interesting to compare all the sizes by measurement  & next time I have
oppurtunity, I shall.  SO, if some are & some  aren't the same size then we all need to
be measuring the scales before  stringing regard less of what the no posted on
the bridge indicate.   Right?
  Dale

Dale,

Which measurement are we talking about here. 14 American or 14 Metric?

Since the chart I posted earlier for the 500 was from Kawai, I figured
they're talking Metric.
If one is trying to restring a "Metric" piano with  American wire, then this
"might" be the case.
Although I still believe  that a class Don Manino gave here in Houston years
ago, said that
Kawai  had done some comparisons and some sizes were the same and some
weren't.

Where's Don M. when one needs him?! :-D

14  - 6
14½ -  8