Scaling

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 09:28:36 MDT 2006

Tom
  Got it.  SO the message now is...  don't' assume anything! Now I'm curious
about the overall scale tension of this  model.  I've frankly always been a
fan of the 500. What do I  know
  Dale:

For the record, this Kawai had all sizes in  American. All wire sizes were
accurate with American measurements.
When I initially evaluated the instrument and saw  the #14 at the top, my
first inclination was to assume that it was a #13.5  string.
I have done a number of Kawai's and Yamaha's in  the past were the size
measurement were 1/2 size larger in all cases. Thus, my  curiosity as to why this
was different raised several concerns. Could this  have been a mistake from the
factory?
Or could this be the result of another technician  miss-reading the initial
readings and stringing with incorrect  sizes?

Tom  Servinsky