Scaling

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 18:46:44 MDT 2006

In a message dated 6/6/2006 5:40:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

>   SO all things be theoretically equal If we added  approx 6 lbx per
> string times 60 to 68 unisons worth of  trichord  strings would yield a
> total tension increase of only  roughly 408 lbs.

Three times that, actually, around 18 lbs per unison.  Still,
it doesn't seem like it ought to be all that wild a change,
does it?
  Yes ...of course...more of my Fuzzy math skills on a hot  day

>Not a lot but the sound
> of a C-7 I once strung  change dramatically by a simple 1/2 wire size
>     It was a long  time ago.  I was trying to beef up the sound.  It did,
> but  I didnt' like the overall tonal pallete as much. Live &  string
>   Dale

Yup, there's always another layer of  questions. Did you
actually go up a half size, or just use US gage instead  of metric?
  Yup , Just went up 1/2 size..What next?
  Dale

Ron  N