Yamaha G3, NOT C3

david at davidandersenpianos.com david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Jun 8 10:23:36 MDT 2006

> New client calls complaining that a relatively new G3 has "clicking" noise
> throughout.  I've worked on C3's, of course, but never seen a G3 -
> anything special or peculiar about these puppies?  "Clicking" typical of
> this model?  Thanks for any help!

It's probably the jack regulating button slapping back on its rest
post/spoon after a note is played softly, with a loud "pock" sound.
Happens all the time in unprepared Yamahas.

Solution:  weaken the repetition springs a bit; soften the felt on the
jack regulation button with the needle on your voicing tool; and move the
jack position slightly closer to the player.

This should take care of it.  You owe me a drink at Rochester, 'cuz if you
do this, you'll be a hero to your client.