Hearing

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Jun 9 06:02:51 MDT 2006

G'day  David,

Besides being washed over by a wall of white noise sound in the room, the
inability to hear parts of conversation is one of the first indications of
high frequency hearing loss, just like you probably can no longer hear that
high pitched sound that most TV sets emit.

Differentiating between "s" and "z", "t" and "d", "f" and "v", etc. becomes
more difficult as high freq hearing loss progresses.

Fortunately, the frequencies involved are too far above the piano range to
affect tuning.

So, you _can_ be a deaf piano tuner... ;-}}}

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.