Hearing

terryb t46xd8jb at xplornet.com
Fri Jun 9 09:00:27 MDT 2006

Hi Les,

I gather you wear hearing aids. Can you give some insight into what type of
sound you hear with hearing aids? Is the sound the same as what a person
would without hearing loss would hear? What would be the frequency range?

I have recently been to an audiologist about my hearing. I have the
cocktail syndrome that has been mentioned. My hearing loss is noise
induced, but not from piano tuning, but from my previous career.

The hearing aids that I would like to have are about 5k a pair. They are
adjusted electronically. There are no visible controls on them and the
wearer cannot adjust them. Is this the type you have?

Thanks

Terry Beckingham RPT