More on hearing protection

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Fri Jun 9 19:52:02 MDT 2006

John,

You were talking about pounding the living daylights out of the hammers.
Don't you think that's going to compress the felts just a "little" bit
at the strike point? Making (eventually, anyway) for some fairly
unpleasant, way too bright, sounds? I deal all the time with good pianos
in a VERY high usage environment, so it sounds kind of similar to me.

Maybe I'm wrong. Been so before. But I personally don't want to treat a
hammer that way. The students do it for me! JMO. :-D

Avery Todd
University of Houston