Piano evaluation proposal

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 13 12:04:47 MDT 2006

Oh, I pretty much agree with you in principle James. But there are
situations where grandma's piano will be the only piano in the house, the
owners want a high performance piano, and they are willing to spend money.
In such a situation, all can be winners. Keep in mind also, that I am
talking about using the rim (with modifications) and plate (with
modifications) and action (with modifications) to basically build a new
piano. So I would be willing to argue the point that the experience of
tuning a 90 year old K&B doesn't say much regarding what one could do with
such a salvage instrument.

Terry Farrell