troglodytes and stalagmites

Philippe Errembault phil.errembault at skynet.be
Wed Jun 14 04:25:54 MDT 2006

That's funny, because in french, we have exactly the same mnémotechnic help,
but on other letters :
For us Stalagmites go up because of the M like in "Monter" (which means to
go up) and stalagtites go down because of the T like in "Tomber" (which
means fall down)

So we have C for Ceiling, T for Tomber, G for ground and M for monter. Let's
apply it to Troglodytes.
In troglodytes, we have a G for ground and a D... which could stand for
diving, so we could gess troglodytes are diving under the ground, which is
what they do if they live in a cave...

Ps : The same kind of pseudo reasoning was at the base of invention of
aspirin and it worked, so let's assume I'm a genius ;-p