1973 Steinway L For Sale

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Jun 15 01:31:28 MDT 2006

Hey you two :)

Actually... stop to think about it and perhaps one should conclude that
if used pianos sold for what they often are really worth that things
might be quite a bit better for the rebuilders amoungst our midst.  Over
here at any rate, an upright older then 15 years will not fetch more
then 2000.00 USD period.  Very few exceptions.   Used grands are not
much better really.  Only Steinways... and curiously enough small Yamaha
grands seem to fetch a good price.

Perhaps this explains why rebuilders basically dont exist in this part
of the world.  At least not in the sense of replacing soundboards /
bridgecapping or the like. Just doesnt happen.  Take Stockholm for
example... big city yes ???  Not one single piano store in the whole
city.  I am not sure... but I think there are perhaps a couple bonified
rebuilders in Danmark.... but  the rest of scandinavia is without.

Cheers
RicB

Hi, Avery,

At 03:26 PM 6/14/2006, you wrote:
 >What was it that Barnum used to say????????????

"This way to the Egress!"

Cheers!

Horace