Replacing Steinway hammers

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Jun 15 05:31:40 MDT 2006

Hi Horace

The drop screw ends up in the identical position as near as I can tell.  I'll post a couple side by side pictures tonite... old and new shanks with flanges and knuckles.

The jack is 5mm by 5 mm all the way. 50 mm from jack center center to jack top.  Jacks have the jack stop regulating button instead of the little peice of felt in the back of the window of the repetition arm.  I can regulate the jacks back far enough for the new shanks and flanges...but they get uncomfortably close to the rounded part of the window.

Cheers
RicB

Hi, Ric,

Where is the centerpin for the hammer shank relative to the drop screw?  Are
the positions reversed from normal?  Also, what is the profile of the jack
like, especially the 3 - 5mm below the top surface on the knuckle side of
the jack?

Thanks very much.

Best.

Horace