"tinny"

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 15 10:18:32 MDT 2006

Hi Dave,

I can tell you why I use the word "tinny."  It describes the sound I hear voicing-wise that is very close to those honky-tonk, whatever rails with the strips of cloth with bits of metal that give a, um, tinny sound.  Sorry, I know one is never supposed to use <the> word in the definition.  ;-)

Can't say I've used the word to describe anything else in regards to pianos.  I must have missed the post about unisons.

Best,

Barbara Richmond