Restoring crown in old soundboard

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 22:06:45 MDT 2006

Phillip
   Congratulations.
  Ron Overs & I have both posted methods to do this.Check the  archives
  Dale:

As I have progressed through my first restoration, I have now come to
repairing the soundboard. After inspecting it for cracks (there was only one  which
traversed the upper left corner), I turned my attention to the crown of  the
board. My question now is: How do I restore crown to this old board.  Is this
possible? The board has negative downbearing, which I guess  could be corrected
through the soon-to-be recapped bridges, but I figured  this was not the long
term solution. Any advice would be greatly  appreciated

Phillip Pardue

Dale  Erwin--Piano Restorations
Modesto, Ca.
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Restoration & Sales of
Steinway & Sons plus  other fine pianos.
Custom made soundboards by  design