Sostenuto Pedal Photos From Baldwin Upright

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 19 12:29:35 MDT 2006

Hi, Patrick,

Is there any evidence of some kind of mounting setup on the bottom
board?  Also, where is the pivot for the sostenuto pedal itself
located?  If at the back, that suggests one kind of mechanism to
activate the long lever.  If toward the middle, another.

 From the pictures, it looks like there needs to be another pivot
point.  I seem to remember some kind of elbow or dog's leg, as you
suggest, but cannot quite bring it to mind.

Best.

Horace