A suggestion for mitigating "OT" stuff.

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 17:59:38 MDT 2006

    Well, here we go again. I've said all I want to on
this thread, but it also occurred to me that we might
mutually control the urge to "spin out" in our
discussions, this way:
    Naturally, techinicians let go, from time to
time, "esoteric" comments. Then someone chimes in, and
someone else..... and pretty soon it spirals "out of
control"  and someone gets really mad about it, etc..
So, perhaps the most realistic way to control this
would be for everyone to get exactly one "chip" to
toss into the ring. Just one, that's it !!!  After
that, they'd have to take it "off list" with whomever
they'd like to commisserate, or argue with. I believe
this would "keep a lid" on the problem, without
unnecessarily resricting our need to discuss other
matters, from time to time.

     Peace,